Goodwill’s mission is to help people in our community achieve their highest level of independence through the power of work. Goodwill is a growing company with retail outlets that help fund programs and services like Supported Employment and Community Housing that strengthen our community. We are well known as a great place to shop. But we're also a great place to work!
Goodwill is seeking an Assistant Store Manager for one of our Donation Center and Retail Stores. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take their retail management career to the next level. In this role you assist in the management of daily store and donation center operations to meet established revenue and margin objectives.
- Promotes customer service standards, store environment, quality and production levels within budgeted expense to advance the Goodwill mission and brand.
- Proactively hires staff and cultivates a collaborative team environment through their training and coaching.
- Develops employees by utilizing the performance management system to empower employees or address performance issues.
- Audits and trains employees on workplace safety and loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Communicates professionally in written and verbal form with internal and external audiences.
- Plans and organizes store and production work schedules to meet business demands. Oversees production goals and merchandise rotation to ensure a continuous flow of new merchandise.
- Oversees proper cash controls and asset protection guidelines within the operation, ensuring employee adherence to policies and procedure.
- Analyzes report data and other documentation proposing tactical plans to Store Manager as a concerted effort in process improvement.
- Performs duties of Store Manager in their absence.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Post-secondary degree with 4+ years progressively responsible retail supervisory experience or 5+ years of progressively responsible retail supervisory experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office or G-Suite.
- Varied work schedule which requires a minimum of two closing shifts per week and four weekend shifts a month. Additional night and weekend shifts may be required.
- Access to transportation to work at assigned Goodwill location.