Goodwill’s mission is to help people in our community achieve their highest level of independence through the power of work. Goodwill is a growing company with retail outlets that help fund programs and services like Supported Employment and Community Housing that strengthen our community. We are well known as a great place to shop. But we're also a great place to work!
Retail for entrepreneurs! Goodwill is seeking a Retail Store Manager. In this role, you will manage daily operations of assigned Store and Donation Center to meet established revenue and margin objectives.
- Oversees customer service standards, store environment, quality and production levels within budgeted expense to advance the Goodwill mission and brand.
- Proactively hires staff and cultivates a collaborative team environment through their training and coaching.
- Identifies internal talent and develops all levels of employees by utilizing the performance management system to empower employees or address performance issues.
- Maintains knowledge of latest industry standards and best practices relating to processes, equipment and customer service. Willingly shares knowledge with staff.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in written and verbal form with all internal and external audiences.
- Motivates employees to effectively manage inventory, improve work flow and schedules to maximize the team output.
- Implements safe operating and asset protection procedures and monitors staff compliance to Goodwill’s safety guidelines and standards. Supervises completion of store safety audits and takes corrective action as needed.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and provide tactical solutions to reach positive results.
- Regularly coaches how to effectively track work output, analyzes the report data and other documentation to establish necessary action for continuous improvement.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Post-secondary degree and 3+ years progressively responsible retail management experience or 6+ years of progressively responsible retail management experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office or G-Suite.
- Varied work schedule which requires a minimum of one closing shifts per week and four weekend shifts a month. Additional night and weekend shifts may be required.
- Access to transportation to work at assigned Goodwill location.
- Full-Time Benefits (30-40 hours per week):
- Health, dental, domestic partner benefits
- Disability and life insurance
- Paid Holidays, vacation and sick time
- Pay range: Depends on qualifications