Goodwill’s mission is to help people in our community achieve their highest level of independence through the power of work. Goodwill is a growing company with retail outlets that help fund programs and services like Supported Employment and Community Housing that strengthen our community. We are well known as a great place to shop. But we're also a great place to work!
Interested in Retail Management? In this entry-level supervisory role, you will learn how to supervise and coach productivity of assigned store staff with guidance from management. In addition to supporting the daily operations to meet established revenue and margin objectives
- Supervise customer service while operating register, assigning tills, using proper cash controls, maintaining efficient customer flow and monitoring sales staff productivity.
- Consistently provide exceptional customer service, coaching employees to do the same.
- Supervise production while producing product, assigning production tasks, routinely checking for quality and pricing standards and monitoring production staff productivity.
- Consistently maximizes the value of our donations.
- Project a positive image of Goodwill in words and actions to internal and external customers.
- Supervise merchandising while placing out a continuous flow of new product according to merchandising guidelines, organizing store pulls and completing assigned floor moves.
- Sets the example by following safety and asset protection standards, coaching employees to do the same. Reports concerns to management.
- Accurately enters report data.
Qualifications for this role include:
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years of progressively responsible experience in retail and/or production environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office or G-Suite.
- Varied work schedule which requires a minimum of two closing shifts per week and four weekend shifts a month. Additional night and weekend shifts may be required.