Retail for entrepreneurs!
Goodwill of South Central Wisconsin is seeking Retail / Store Managers in the Madison Area, including Fort Atkinson and Portage. We will keep you on your toes with an ever changing inventory driven by donations. Enjoy greater freedom to price and merchandise than traditional retailers provide. Work in a fun environment, with great people, whose efforts ensure that we can continue to provide and grow our mission programs and services in the community.
Our mission is to help people achieve their highest level of independence through the power of work. We provide supportive housing, employment services, and other assistance to local residents with disabilities or other challenges. We help residents in need. We help those who want to gain valuable work skills. It's about paychecks and pride, shelter along with hope. It's about meeting basic immediate needs. It's about starting a path toward a brighter future.
- Provide leadership and motivation to manage inventory and staffing and to drive sales.
- Train and coach all employees to reach their potential as a highly productive individual and highly productive and collaborative member of the team.
- Implement operation procedures and asset protection and safety guidelines in accordance to Goodwill's standards.
- Achieve established shopper and donor service goals.
- HSD/GED required, Bachelor's degree in Retail Management, Merchandising or related field preferred.
- 4+ years of progressively responsible supervisory experience in a retail and/or production setting.
- Valid Driver's License, good driving record, and proof of insurance required.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule that includes two closing shifts per week and every other weekend as scheduled with additional night and weekend shifts as needed.
- Ability to lift, push, or pull 50 lbs. is required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Goodwill Industries fully supports the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action and will continue to do so. It is our policy to effect all personnel transactions, including, but not limited to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, and selection for training without discrimination to and to ensure equal treatment of employees regardless of sex, race, religion, color, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, source of income, arrest record or conviction record, less than honorable discharge, veteran status, physical appearance, sexual orientation, unemployment, political beliefs or the fact that such person is a student as defined in the City of Madison Equal Opportunity Ordinance. Our organization uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit .
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English - Spanish - Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English - Spanish - Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English