Come to Downtown Portage for kid's yoga, games & coloring contest, food, DIY workshops, sidewalk sales, vendors, walking tour, henna & glitter tattoos, aura photography, chair massages, face & arm painting, balloon sculpting.
Music (Grab your friends, bring along a chair and enjoy the music.)
- Red Hot TradJazz Band will be playing from 11am-2pm at the grassy area across from Chamber of Commerce.
- Red Hot Horn Dawgs will be playing from 10:30am-1:30pm at Commerce Plaza.
- Dennis' Solo Show (band leader of The Swing Crew) will be playing from 11am-1pm at the Main Street Consignment shop.
Businesses and vendors will be set-up along the sidewalks in downtown showcasing their products. Come stroll the sidewalks and enjoy the day with us.
Want to be a vendor for the day? Complete this application and permit or call the Chamber office at 742-6242 for details.
- R. Condon Gallery will be offering 15% off all products.
- Mary Ramsey at EXP Realty (113 E Cook St) will be hosting a game where you can win prizes that will cost $1 to play and all proceeds will go to the Columbia County Humane Society.
- The Mercantile and Giggles for Kids will have sidewalk sales with specials and demonstrations. Kathleen Jahn of Kreations by KJ will be doing a demonstration of watercolor painting on sanded paper at The Mercantile.
- Smart Woman, Fancy Pants and Smart Woman Accessories will be offering sidewalk sales and various specials.
- Portage Furniture Store will be having specials for the weekend.
- At Wholeistic Healing there will be chair massages and aura photography.
- Portage Center for the Arts invites you to drop by and try on some colorful wings located on the front lawn. Share a photo of yourself wearing these wings at www.facebook.com/portagecenterforthearts! A photo or two will be selected at random for a sweet prize during the month of June.
Downtown restaurants will be selling food and The Portage Presbyterian Church will be selling brats, hot dogs and cupcakes in front of the Chamber of Commerce office as a fundraiser for River Haven Homeless Shelter.
Judy Eulberg will lead a walking tour of the downtown that leaves at 10am from the Chamber of Commerce.
At Main Street Consignment, from 11am-2pm, outside on sidewalks the kids can come watch the balloon sculpting and take a free balloon animal/creature home with them. Plus, they can get their very own glitter tattoo applied.
At The Mercantile you can register for a 'paint your own face mask' class with Peg Napralla at NOON. Limit to 10 kids. There is a $6 fee for materials. Call 745-5768 to register in advance.
At Wholeistic Healing there will be a kid's butterfly coloring contest and henna tattoos on the sidewalk.
At Prairie Flower Beads you can register for two kid's DIY workshops: make your own ankle bracelet and make your own arrowhead necklace. For kids ages 7 or older. Workshops are at 10:30am and 1:00pm and will be $7 per session for materials. Register at Prairie Flower Beads or call 742-5900 to reserve your spot.
At Prairie Flower Beads there will be free face and arm painting with Elizabeth & and an activity station with The Learning Tree Child Care Center.
At Bee Alive Yoga there will be a Kid's Yoga class from 11:30am-12pm.
•The Kid's Yoga class will be 30 minutes long.
•Ages 6-11 years old.
•Space is limited, call 745-9333 to register your child ahead of time.
•We ask parents to come with their children at least 15 minutes before class begins to check in, sign waiver, etc. The waiver must be signed before their child takes class.
•Waiver can also be downloaded and printed from beealiveyoga.com
•Parents are welcome to wait in the lobby while their child is in session. The class is only for the children ages 6-11
• please have your child bring a yoga mat and water bottle
If they would like to learn more about our studio and kid yoga sessions, they can give us a call at 608-745-9333 or visit our website beealiveyoga.com
Other Activities In Portage on Saturday, June 5, 2021
- Historic Indian Agency House Tours with a Civil War Encampment
- Fort Winnebago Surgeons Quarters Tours with Territory Day Activities
- Museum at the Portage will host a dedication for their garden and 'grand opening' for the new season.
- Blau Family Chiropractic will be celebrating their 26th Anniversary with office tours, games, food and prizes from 9am-Noon.
Date and Time
Saturday Jun 5, 2021